texascancersurvivor.info Survivorship Portal
The texascancersurvivor.info portal aims to address the objective of increasing Texans' knowledge of survivorship issues by providing links to pre-screened survivorship websites and publications. The sites have been reviewed for quality using a predetermined criteria and are organized by survivorship topic and cancer type. These links include websites based in Texas as well as those found across the country that contain information or services that are available to Texans. Texas based sites are identified by a small Texas icon.
Links were reviewed by the Goal V Subcommittee of the Texas Comprehensive Cancer Control Coalition (now the Cancer Alliance of Texas) for survivorship content and categorized into over thirty emotional, physical and practical/economic topics, such as finding support, pain management and insurance. Texas Cancer Information would like to thank this group of dedicated professionals for their ongoing support of this initiative.
Select a Survivorship Topic and a Cancer Type and click on the Submit Query button below.
Link Selection Criteria
The link selection criteria for texascancersurvivor.info includes:
- Cancer Related
- Educational/Informational - Purpose is primarily educational and/or informational. (Site is not overtly commercial.
However, site may charge shipping and handling costs to cover mailing or production of materials.)
- Responsibility - institution, organization, author, or sponsor is clearly identified.
- Content - Content should have sources of information and credentials of authors indicated.
Caveats and disclaimers are included and easily found. Dates that content was posted and updated should
be indicated and easily found. Site is user-friendly and provides information that is relevant to the audience.
- Credibility of Information - for example, reputation of hosting entity, accuracy of information,
and/or scientific basis - expert opinion vs. systematic controlled studies, etc. as appropriate to subject matter.
- Accessible - The site is consistently available and maintained. The site is accessible to the commonly
used browsers, i.e., Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Feedback - feedback mechanism is easily available to users whether by phone, fax or e-mail.
Suggest a Link
If you would like to suggest a link for inclusion in texascancersurvivor.info, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. All proposed links are reviewed according to the predetermined criteria above to assess the overall quality and usefulness of the information found on each site.